On September 20th, just ahead of the UN Global Climate Action Summit in NYC, we will be walking out of our schools, our businesses and our homes to show our leaders that we will accept nothing less than an immediate transition to clean energy, green jobs and a just and healthy planet. United with people at hundreds of climate strikes around the world, we will demand action!
As Greta Thunberg says:
‘Adults keep saying: “We owe it to the young people to give them hope.” But I don’t want your hope. I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic. I want you to feel the fear I feel every day. And then I want you to act.
I want you to act as you would in a crisis. I want you to act as if our house is on fire. Because it is.’
What we want from elected officials
- Enact solutions to the climate crisis like the Green New Deal that are rooted in racial, social and economic justice, protect front-line communities and workers, and are at the scale of the crisis.
- Support local policies that move us to 100% clean energy and address environmental injustices. Examples include Community Choice Energy and increased mass transit options.
- Commit to keeping fossil fuels in the ground and no new fossil fuel projects.
- Invest in a clean and renewable energy economy that works for all. Create good jobs that provide family-sustaining wages and benefits and preserve workers’ rights, including the right to unionize.
- Block federal attacks on our air, water, and California’s landmark climate policies.
Walk out with us on September 20th as we demand climate action for our families, our communities and our planet. Tell our elected officials that we are committed to voting for climate champions who will promote solutions at the scale of the crisis.